Thursday, June 6, 2013

Widgets

Roses for Mom

Today’s card is the one that I made for my Mom for Mother’s Day. For her gift I picked up a Yellow English Rose plant for her to add to her rose garden. So I thought it would be fitting to use Stippled Blossoms to make a card full of yellow roses!


  • Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Something to Celebrate (retired)
  • Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
  • Ink: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Versamark
  • Accessories: Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Gold embossing powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Whisper White Organza ribbon

I started off by cutting a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 3-3/4” x 5”. I stamped the solid flower images from Stippled Blossoms onto the card stock in So Saffron, then the detailed flower images in Daffodil Delight. The solid leaves were stamped in Certainly Celery then the detailed leaves were stamped in Old Olive. For the smaller flowers I used markers in the same colors as the larger flowers to ink up the stamps.


After my background was all stamped up I stamped the greeting from Something to Celebrate in Versamark ink onto the card stock. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder and heated it with my heat tool. I adhered this panel onto a 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” piece of Whisper White card stock.


I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon around the panel and tied it into a bow. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and was done! Super simple, and super pretty!