Monday, June 3, 2013

Widgets

Amazing Mother

Good morning! I’m finally sharing the Mother’s Day cards that I made this year. This one was from the May Make and Take that was the week before Mother’s Day.


  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Just Believe, Amazing Family
  • DSP: Raspberry Ripple DSP
  • Card Stock: Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
  • Ink: Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Raspberry Ripple, Versamark
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, Dress Up Framelits, Sahara Sand Marker, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Melon Mambo Striped Organdy Ribbon, Melon Mambo embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool


I started off by cutting a piece of Raspberry Ripple card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the Hello Doily image onto the card stock in Raspberry Ripple ink. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-1/2” x 4”. I stamped the top part of the greeting from Amazing Family onto the card stock in Raspberry Ripple ink. The bottom part of the greeting was stamped in Melon Mambo ink.

Just to add some background pattern to the greeting I stamped the flowers from Just Believe three times in Pink Pirouette ink. I cut out the greeting with the third from smallest Label Framelit in the Big Shot. I adhered the label onto the card front with some glue stick then wrapped a piece of Melon Mambo Striped Organdy Ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


Now for the dress! I cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 2” x 5” and ran it through the Big Shot to cut out the dress form. Next I cut a piece of Raspberry Ripple DSP and Pink Pirouette card stock 2-1/2” x 3-1/2” and both through the Big Shot with the dress Framelit at the same time.
I stamped the flowers from Just Believe onto the DSP dress in Versamark ink. Then I covered the stamped image with Melon Mambo embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my heat tool. I love this added pop of pattern on top of the polka dots!


I took Paper Snips and cut the bodice portion off the Pink Pirouette dress and adhered the skirt portion behind the DSP dress to make it look like there is a pink petticoat under the dress. Then I adhered the dress onto the dress form. I took the fine point end of my Sahara Sand marker and drew a line on the dress form for the necklace chain, then added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel for the pendant. The dress form was adhered to the card front with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals and the card is done!

Very bright and VERY pink! This one went to my mother in-law who loves pink.