Thursday, June 27, 2013

Widgets

Rain or Shine

This card was from a previous Make and Take. I think it was during April. I’m so behind on posting the Make and Take cards. So several of the ones you’ll see soon use product that is now retired.


  • Stamps: Rain or Shine, Oh Hello
  • DSP: Tempting Turquoise
  • Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red Whisper White
  • Ink: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Soft Suede
  • Accessories: Ovals Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, Paper Snips


I started off with a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Temping Turquoise striped DSP 2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it onto a 2-1/8” x 5-1/2” piece of Whisper White card stock before adhering it onto the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-3/4” x 4”. I stamped the chevron oval from Oh Hello onto the card stock in Daffodil Delight ink. Then I stamped the umbrella on top of the chevrons in Real Red ink and the umbrella handle in Soft Suede ink. I cut out the oval with the 3rd from smallest Oval Framelit. I cut a piece of Real Red card stock 3” x 4” and ran it through the Big Shot with the 4th from smallest Oval framelit. I adhered the layers together then adhered the oval layer onto the card front with a few Stampin’ dimensionals.


For the greeting I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3/4” x 3” and stamped the greeting in Tempting Turquoise ink. I used Paper Snips to trim both ends of the greeting strip into a dove-tail shape then curled the banner around my fingers to give it a little bit of shape. I adhered the banner onto the chevron oval with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


Finally, because every card just HAS to have a little bit of sparkle, I added some Dazzling Details onto the dots of the umbrella. That’s it! Bright, fun, and simple!