Friday, June 7, 2013

Widgets

Layers of Pink and White

It's Friday again! That means it's time for another wonderful Friday Mashup challenge! This week's challenge was a lot of fun! Take a look at the card I came up with! 


  • Stamps: Perfectly Penned, En Francais, Flowering Flourishes
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Shimmery White
  • Ink: Strawberry Slush, Pink Pirouette, Versamark
  • Accessories: Honeycomb embossing folder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Clear embossing powder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Strawberry Slush re-inker, Stampin' Mister, Pearls Basic Jewels, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Simply Pressed Clay, Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds, Sponge Dauber, Glue Dots, Large Pearl Basic Jewels


Photo Source 
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using "Hexagons".
  2. Create a "Girly project".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Girly project using Hexagons".

This card was so much fun to make! I started out with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Strawberry Slush card stock and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Whisper white card stock 4" x 5-1/4". I stamped the En Francais background stamp onto the card stock in Pink Pirouette ink. For the greeting I stamped the image from Perfectly Penned onto the top of the card stock in Strawberry Slush ink. I love this bright and fun new pink!

Next I cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock 3-3/4" x 3". I stamped the medium image from Flowering Flourishes onto the card front in Versamark ink. Then I covered the stamped images with Clear embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my heat tool.


What did I do to add the hexagon pattern you ask? Well I ran the heat embossed Shimmery White card stock through the Big Shot in the Honeycomb embossing folder. Next I placed my double embossed card stock in an empty large wood mount case and spritzed water all over the card stock with a Stampin' Mister. I added a couple drops of Strawberry Slush re-inker into another plastic container and used my Aqua Painter to pick up just a little bit of the ink at a time and brushed it on the wet card stock. You can watch the color flow around like magic. I just kept brushing on color until I liked how it looked then picked it up out of the container and used my Heat Tool on the 1st setting to dry the card stock. 


This left a really cool variegated color in the background of my embossing. I adhered this fabulous piece of card stock onto the bottom of the stamped Whisper White card stock. Then I wrapped a piece of Pink Pirouette ribbon around the panel and tied it into a knot. I adhered this layer onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I simply added three pearls into each corner of the Whisper White card stock. 


After I received my most recent order I just had to play around with the Simply Pressed Clay and the Buttons and Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds! I made several flowers. I took one of the large roses and used my Aqua Painter to color the rose with Strawberry Slush ink. I let that dry completely then sponged on some more Strawberry Slush ink to bring out the layers of the rose. I adhered this onto the card right under the bow with a Stampin' Dimensional then placed a Large Pearl Basic Jewel in the center of the rose. 

This card is so completely girly! I love how the hexagons are subtle and in the background. 

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has created and enter your project!