Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Widgets

Rich Regals - Rose Red

Here is the second card I made for the Rich Regals swap! You can view the first card that I made for the Rich Regals swap here. As I mentioned before I just love doing these swaps and it’s so hard to only do one. They get very addictive after a while!



Stamps: Bella’s Bloom
Cardstock: Rose Red, Sahara Sand
Paper: Rose Red DSP
Ink: Rose Red, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon.

For this one the card base is Sahara Sand. This is a color that I previously did not use much, but through these swaps I have found that it is a great neutral tone to use with just about any color. The Sahara Sand card base is cut at 4 ¼ in. x 5 ½ in. and scored at 4 ¼ in. The next layer is Rose Red cardstock cut at 4 in. x 5 ¼ in. The three narrow panels begin with Rose Red DSP cut at 1 3/8” x 3 3/8” and adhered to Sahara Sand cardstock cut at 1 ½” x 3 ½”. The three panels are adhered to the Rose Red cardstock and Whisper White organza ribbon is added and tied in a knot. This layer is then adhered to the card base.
The main image panel is Whisper White cardstock cut at 2” x 2 ¼” and Sahara Sand cardstock cut at 2 ¼” x 2 ½”. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners of both the Whisper White and Sahara Sand cardstock. I stamped the flower from Bella’s Bloom in Rose Red on the Whisper White cardstock then I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the panel in Sahara Sand ink. Both panels were sponged around the edge with Rose Red ink and adhered together. These are added to the card front with scrap rubber to pop this layer up off the card front. This card has lots of layers, but is pretty easy to put together. Hope you like it!