Monday, May 17, 2010

Widgets

Rich Regals Swap - So Saffron

It is just so much fun to participate in these swaps with other demos! For those of you who don’t know, a swap is where several demonstrators create a specific number of cards following whatever rules the hostess gives and all the swappers mail all of the cards to the hostess. She sorts them out and mails back one card less than the number you sent in. That way there is a card for the hostess too. The swapped cards are mailed back to you. I’m like a kid at Christmas when I see a swap box in my mail. There are so many great ideas for cards and this is a way to share them and actually see and feel the cards. Not to mention it gives you lots of samples to show off a workshops, make-and-takes, and classes. As a matter of fact I will be casing a card I received from the Soft Subtles swap for my next make-and-take because my guests saw one of the cards I received in the swap and said “I want to make that!”

Well here is one of the cards that I made for the Rich Regals swap:



Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Warm Words
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Whisper White
Paper: So Saffron DSP
Ink: Sahara Sand, So Saffron
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Silver Brad, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder

First I cut the Sahara Sand card base at 6 ¼ in. x 5 ½ in. and scored it at 4 ¼ in. Then I use
d the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with my Big Shot on the inside of the card. This will show through to the front since the card front only covers half of the inside. I cut the So Saffron DSP at 2 in. x 5 ½ in. and the So Saffron cardstock at 2 ½ in. x 5 ½ in. I used the Scallop Border punch on the So Saffron cardstock and adhered the So Saffron DSP on top of the So Saffron cardstock. This was then adhered to the card “front” or the 2 in wide flap on the front.

For the main image panel I cut the Whisper White cardstock 2 ¼” x 2 ½”, the Sahara Sand cardstock 2 3/8” x 2 5/8”, and the So Saffron cardstock 2 5/8” x 3 7/8”. On a scrap piece of cardstock I used the Curly Label Punch to create a reverse mask. I put this on top of the Whisper White panel, held the scrap with my left hand, and sponged So Saffron around the edges with my right hand. Pick up the mask and you have a beautiful So Saffron curly label in the center of your image panel. I then stamped the image from Pocket Silhouettes in Sahara Sand ink on top of the So Saffron curly label. Then I stamped “happiness” from Warm Words in So Saffron ink at the bottom, added a silver brad in the bottom right corner, and adhered the Whisper White, Sahara Sand, and So Saffron layers together and to the card front. Then you’re done! This is such a fun and interesting layout to try.

Come back tomorrow to see the second card I made for the Rich Regals swap using the color Rose Red!