Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Widgets

Blue Rose China - May Make And Take 2

Here is the second card that my guests made at the May Make & Take. Enjoy!



This card was inspired by this wonderful creation by Tina Dyck: http://mytherapymycreations.blogspot.com/2010/05/all-rain-and-no-gain.html
Once I saw this I just knew I HAD to re-create it for my Make & Take because the ladies would love it! It reminds me so much of the china dish set that my Mother gave my husband and I as a wedding present. You can see the resemblance:




Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White, Night Of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 5/8” Basic Black Stain Ribbon, Designer Label Punch, Bashful Blue Marker, Blender Pen


The card base is Kraft cardstock (soon to be known as Crumb Cake) cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”. A 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of Whisper White was stamped with the flowers from Elements of Style in Night of Navy ink to create a patterned paper. This was then run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder and adhered to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Night of Navy cardstock. A piece of 5/8” Basic Black Satin Ribbon was added around the middle and these layers were then adhered to the card base.


A 2 3/8” x 3 3/8” piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the flowers from Elements of Style in Night of Navy ink. The flowers were then colored in with a Bashful Blue marker. Then I used the Night of Navy ink pad and the blender pen to add shadows to the flowers. To do this, squeeze the pad in the middle when it is closed. Open the pad up halfway and you will see ink on the lid of the case, use the blender pen to pick up this ink and add it to your flowers. This beautiful flower piece is adhered to a 2 ½” x 3 ½” piece of Night of Navy cardstock and then to the card front.


The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock. I then used the Designer Label Punch to punch out the sentiment and another label from Night of Navy cardstock. The Night of Navy label was cut in half lengthwise and adhered to the back of the sentiment label to add a shadow on either side. This was adhered to the card using Stampin Dimensionals and you’re done! I hope you enjoy this beautiful card as much as all the other ladies did. Come back tomorrow to see more!