Sunday, May 23, 2010

Widgets

Amethyst Awash With Flowers

This card was CASED from Candy Rattray’s beautiful creation which can be found on Stampin’ Connection. For those of you who don’t have access to Stampin’ Connection I have copied the picture here:



Now here is my version:


Stamps: Awash With Flowers, Well Scripted
Ink: Basic Black, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Pretty In Pink, Positively Pink, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive
Cardstock: Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, ½” Circle Punch, Extra Large Grommet (white), 5/8” Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon, Two-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

The card base is Almost Amethyst cardstock cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”. The Whisper White cardstock was cut at 4” x 4”. I stamped the outlines first using Basic Black ink and then stamped the flower and leaf images with the other colors of ink. The clear mount stamps make it really easy to get the flower images lined up with the outlines, which is one of the reasons that I will purchase the clear mount stamps from now on. Not to mention I could use the extra storage space! Now, back to the card…I used the Two-Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to add some sparkle to my flowers. The stamped Whisper White image panel is adhered to the Lovely Lilac cardstock cut at 4 ¼” x 4 ¼”. A small strip of Whisper White was punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch and adhered to the back of the Lovely Lilac cardstock so that just the scallop trim shows.

I then used the ½” Circle Punch to punch a hole in the lower right hand corner for the Extra Large Grommet to go through. The 5/8” Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon (I just love this ribbon!) was wrapped around the image panel. Thread the two ends of the ribbon through the center of the Extra Large Grommet and then push the grommet through the ½” hole. It will take a little bit of fiddling to get the grommet “spikes” to punch through the ribbon then flatten the “spikes” out to secure the grommet. I bent them over with my fingers and then used a very small craft hammer to flatten them out completely. Tie the ribbon ends into a knot and trim off the ends to clean them up.

Then I stamped “Happy Birthday” from Well Scripted (I can always use more birthday cards) in Lovely Lilac ink on the bottom left corner of the Lavender Lace card base and adhered the image panel. I just love how this card turned out with all the different colors. It’s just very cheerful! Thank you Cathy Rattray for the wonderful inspiration! Come back tomorrow to see the first of the cards from the May Make & Take! My guests liked them and I hope you do too!