Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Widgets

Watercolor Rose

I know I haven’t posted in a while, but last week was not only a very busy week at work, it was also the end of the college semester. I was so busy between working overtime and finishing my last few assignments and test that I didn’t get a chance to play in the last few sketch challenges. I hope to be able to participate now though. Anyway, here is the first of the cards that we made at my Make and Take last week. The others I will post throughout the rest of the week.

This watercolor rose card was started by stamping the Fifth Avenue Floral rose on Shimmery White cs in Versamark and embossing in clear embossing powder. You then put the paper in a container and spray it with a misting bottle to saturate the paper. You then use an Aqua-painter and reinkers to color in the rose. With some practice, and 30 minutes drying time, you end up with a pretty water colored and shimmery image. This was mounted on Pretty in Pink cs that was run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and mounted on Whisper White and Rose Red cs. The rose is popped up off of the three square layers and the square layers are popped off of the card using scrap rubber.

The card is Whisper White cs with Rose Red cs and Raspberry Tart dsp layered on it. The sentiment is from Oval All which was cut out and placed on a scalloped oval piece of Rose Red. This was cut using the SU’s scalloped oval punch. As usual all supplies are SU. I am really pleased with how this turned out. I’m not sure I want to give it away. What do you think?