Sunday, July 12, 2009

Widgets

Sunrise Field (Cased)

I made this card for my husband’s birthday. I wanted to make him a really pretty scenic card so I browsed through my favorites and found a Zindorf tutorial for “Sunrise Field” which you can find here: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/04/03/sunrise-field-tutorial-196/

I love Michelle Zindorf’s tutorials because they are so detailed and easy to follow. I started off sponging the sky using So Saffron, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Night of Navy. The ground hill in the background was created using a post-it-note and sponging more Not Quite Navy and Basic Black. The ground was created using a post-it-note to create the horizon and it was sponged with Close To Cocoa with a little black around the edges and underneath the hill. I used the spotted leaf stamp with Close to Cocoa and Basic Black to create the spots on the ground. The straight edged shadows on the field were created using a post-it-note mask and some Basic Black ink.

The trees were stamped in Basic Black and are from the Lovely as a Tree and Branch Out sets. Then the whole thing was sponged with Basic Black around the edges and the corners. This image was mounted on Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, and Night of Navy. The sentiment is from the Elegant Greetings set and is embossed in gold embossing powder. The four gold brads in the corners of the main image finish it off. Mine turned out a little too dark. I think I was too heavy with my sponging. I will have to try again sometime to make it lighter. I’m please with how it turned out though. You have to check out Michelle Zindorf’s tutorials if you haven’t seen them. They are absolutely amazing and make it so easy that anyone can create these beautiful scenic cards.