Sunday, July 26, 2009

Widgets

In Color Medallion

I created this card for the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #238 which can be found here. I just got my order yesterday which had all of the new In Color inks, paper, and markers, and also the fabulous Medallion stamp. Of course I had to use my newest toys, so both of my challenge cards this week use the new Stampin Up In Colors.

I stamped the medallion in Rich Razzleberry on Whisper White cs. I then stamped another medallion on another piece of Whisper White in Crushed Curry ink and cut out the circle. To cut out just the center circle I used the third from the smallest nestabilities die from the large standard circles set. I still had to trim some of the white around the center circle, but it saved the rest of the medallion so I can use it later instead of throwing it away. The Crushed Curry center circle was then sponged with Soft Suede ink and a brad was used to hold them together. The brad was from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware set.

I used a piece of Pink Pirouette cs and ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder and brayered the top with Melon Mambo ink. Three 1.25” squares were cut out of Whisper White and stamped with the flower from Eastern Blooms in Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, and Crushed Curry. The edges of the squares were inked with Soft Suede using the direct to paper technique. The three squares are popped up using scrap rubber and I added some Diamond Stickles to the flower centers for some sparkle.