Saturday, July 4, 2009

Widgets

Sketch Challenge #235

This card I made for the Splitcoaststampers SC#235 which can be found here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445739

I started with a Whisper White card and a piece of Tangerine Tango on top of it. Then there is a piece of Whisper White that was sponged from the center out first with So Saffron the Pink Pirouette, then Kiwi Kiss, and finally Riding Hood Red. The circles were all from Whisper White cardstock that I stamped various butterfly images in Black Stazon. The butterflies were from the sets SU God’s Beauty, SU Measure of a Life, and Inkadinkado Garden Delight. I colored these in with SU markers in a variety of colors.

The white circles with the butterflies were cut out using the 1 ½” nestabilities die from the large circles. The larger circles I cut out of Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pink Pirouette, and Riding Hood Red cs using my Cricut with a 1 ½” shadow circle. The four butterflies in the corners I used stickles Diamonds glitter to highlight the butterflies. The other four outside circles are popped up with scrap rubber.

The center circle was stamped with PTI’s Butterfly Kisses in Bashful Blue. The sentiment is from PTI’s Mega Mixed Messages and was stamped in Night of Navy. This was popped up with double scrap rubber to make it stand higher than the others. I like the combination of all of the Spring/Summer In Colors here. I really need to order the new In Colors so I can play with them too. The card ended up being a huge 5 ½ inches square, but I wanted to make sure you could see a good portion of the butterflies. What do you think?