Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Widgets

Wisteria Flower

Good morning! I have a card to share with you that I created quite a while ago. Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Sassy Salutations
  • DSP: Tea for Two
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder
  • Ink: Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, Snow Flurry Die, In Color Designer Brads, Rhinestones, Honeycomb embossing folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals


I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Tea for Two DSP 2” x 4-1/4”. I sponged both long edges of the DSP with Early Espresso ink and then adhered the DSP onto the left side of the card front. I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the bottom right corner of the card front in Early Espresso ink.


I then ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Honeycomb embossing folder and sponged around the outside edges to highlight some of the texture detail. The flower was from scraps in my scrap bin. The Lucky Limeade lacy circle was die cut from the Perfect Pennants Die, the Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant flowers were punched with the Blossom Punch, and the Silver Glimmer Paper piece is from the Slow Flurries Die that is retired now. 


I stacked the flowers and Glimmer Paper up and used my Paper Piercer and Stampin' Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in the center and added a Wisteria Wonder patterned brad. Then I adhered the flower to the lacy circle with a Stampin' Dimensional, and the whole thing was adhered onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. To finish it off I added a couple of Rhinestones next to the greeting for just a little more bling. 

I love using things in my scrap bin to put together a nice card! What do you think?