Monday, May 6, 2013

Widgets

So Kind of You

I've been playing with some sketches lately. Here is one of the cards I put together. It was mostly from scraps too!

 
  • Stamps: Sweet Essentials, Madison Avenue, Distressed Dots
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Illuminate Versamark
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Rhinestone, 2-Way Glue Pen


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson: 

SCCSC140 - Card Sketch

I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the card front with the Distressed Dots background stamp in Illuminate Versamark to make subtle shimmery dots in the background.

I cut a piece of Sycamore Street DSP 3” x 2-1/4” and adhered it onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3/4” x 3” and stamped the greeting from Sweet Essentials onto the card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. I adhered this onto the card front directly under the DSP with some Stampin’ Dimensionals.


The three Lucky Limeade strips were just from my scrap bin and I adhered those into place with some 2-Way Glue Pen then used Paper Snips to trim them even with the edge of the card front. I stamped the flower image from Madison Avenue onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. Then I stamped the flower center in Island Indigo ink. I used Paper Snips to cut out the image and adhered it onto the DSP with a single Stampin’ Dimensional. A small Rhinestone in the center of the flower finishes the flower off.

Simple and fun!