Friday, May 31, 2013

Widgets

Royal Thank You!

It's Friday again! For a short week it has been very busy and seemed very long! Well it's time for another Friday Mashup challenge. Take a look at and card I made. 



  • Stamps: Oh Hello! 
  • Card Stock: Pacific Point, Whisper White
  • Ink: Pacific Point
  • Accessories: Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Ovals Framelits, Pacific Point Marker, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Occasions Piercing Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Details. 


Photo Source
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using "the colors of your favorite sports team"
  2. Create a "clean and simple project".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "clean and simple project using the colors of your favorite sports team".

This week's challenge is all about your favorite sports team. Well... I'm not really a sporty kind of person. They just don't really interest me. Thankfully my husband has the same opinion I do and I don't have to suffer through watching the games. So for this challenge I just went with a local team that has the easiest colors possible. The Royals and their blue and white colors. Pacific Point just happens to be pretty close to Royals blue, not quite there, but the closest that SU has to it. I was also in a hurry to get this done (because of the busy week) so clean and simple was right up my alley.

I started off with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Pacific Point card stock and scored it at 4-1/4". I stamped the chevrons from Oh Hello onto the card front in Pacific Point ink alternating images as I went. I didn't bother with the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I needed to get this done quickly, so I just eye-balled it. I made three rows of chevrons in a stair-step fashion then I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon around the bottom of the card front, tied it into a bow, and trimmed the ribbon ends.


I stamped the greeting in Pacific Point ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock then cut it out with the third from smallest Oval Framelit in the Big Shot. I used my Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, and Occasions Piercing Pack to pierce holes around the oval. To add some dimension to the text I took my Pacific Point marker and used the fine-point end to shade the letters in the greeting. Then I adhered the oval onto the card front with a few dimensionals. 


Now of course I couldn't just stop there. If you've read my blog for any length of time you know I gotta add some sort of bling to everything! So I took out my trusty Dazzling Details and quickly drew inside the stitched chevrons to add my sparkle. 

That was it! I think that's about as clean and simple as I can manage. What can I say... I just love adding details! 

If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has created, and to enter your project in the challenge!