Friday, May 24, 2013

Widgets

Make a Wish!

Good morning! It’s Friday! That means it’s time for another Friday Mashup Challenge!  Getting my Artisan Contest entry done really threw me off my usual schedule and now I’m so behind!  I’ll get caught back up eventually. This week’s challenge was really a tough one. It took me quite a while to come up with something and here it is!


  • Stamps: Make a Wish
  • Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Accessories: Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Labels Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Stampin’ Dimensionals, ruler, pencil, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack


Photo Source
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using "your choice of a Neutral & a Splash of one Bright Color".
  2. Create a project "using a Pencil (regular graphite #2)".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project "using pencil & your choice of a neutral & a Splash of a Bright Color".

I started off with a piece of the new Coastal Cabana card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and score it at 4-1/4”. This is such a wonderful bright color! Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-7/8” x 5-1/8”. I used a pencil and a ruler to randomly draw lines at an angle across the card stock. I sprayed some hair spray onto the card stock to prevent the pencil lines from getting smudged.  I was going for kind of an ombre look with it darker on corner and lighter in the other corner. I adhered this onto a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of the new Smoky Slate card stock.


Next I cut a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock 1-1/2” x 3-7/8” then pierced along both long edges with my Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and Essentials Paper Piercing Pack. Then I adhered it onto the Whisper White card stock. I tied a piece of Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon around the panel and tied it into a bow, then adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I stamped the greeting from Make a Wish onto a scrap of Smoky Slate card stock in Black Stazon ink. I cut the greeting out on the Big Shot with the third from smallest Labels Framelit. Then I used the Festive Piercing Pack to pierce around the shape before adhering the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I love how the sketchy looking greeting pairs with the pencil lines! This has been such a fun, and challenging, challenge!


Head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the design team has come up with!