Friday, May 3, 2013

Widgets

Congratulations!

I have another Friday Mashup Challenge for you! It just so happens that the day I was getting ready to head to my craft room to make the card for this challenge, I got an invitation to my Niece’s graduation. What luck!


  • Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Sassy Salutations
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Brushed Silver
  • Ink: Versamark, Certainly Celery
  • Accessories: In Color Designer Brads, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Silver embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat





Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project for "Graduation".
  2. Create a project with "any kind of Embossing".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a project with "Embossing for Graduation".


My niece loves lime green, so I went with Lucky Limeade as my primary color. I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the swirls from Everything Eleanor all over the card front in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped images with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool.


Next I cut a piece of Brushed Silver card stock 2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it into the center of the card front. Next I stamped a scrap of Whisper White card stock with the swirls from Everything Eleanor in Certainly Celery ink. 


I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto the card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Silver embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. I cut out the greeting with the label from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce Mat to pierce a hole in each end of the label and added a Lucky Limeade designer brad. I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


I was in a hurry so I kept this card really quick and simple. What do you think?