Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Widgets

Streaky Glass Rainbow

Now I have to share with you the card that I created for the SCCSC69 sketch challenge on Stampin’ Connection. I also used the streaky glass circle that I made in the tutorial that was in the previous post. If you missed the tutorial you can find it by clicking on the tutorials tab at the top of the page.

Here is the sketch created by yours truly:

 

And here is my card:


Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Pear Pizzaz, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Accessories: Crystal Effects, 2 ½” Circle Punch, Aqua Painter, sewing pin, Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Shimmer Mist (made with Shimmer Paint and rubbing alcohol)


The card base is Pacific Point cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. A piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 3 ¾” x 5” and was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. After the texture was added a sprayed the panel with some shimmer mist that I made with rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint.

To make the shimmer mist you just mix a couple drops of shimmer paint with rubbing alcohol in a small mister bottle. I used one of the travel size hair spray bottles for mine. When you spray it on your cardstock you get a very fine shimmer. You can see it in the detail pictures below.

Since I forgot to stamp the sentiment from Upsy Daisy before I textured the cardstock I added it now with Basic Black ink. I kind of like how the letters are a little broken up. But if you want a solid image just make sure to stamp your greeting before running it through the Big Shot in the texture folder.

This Whisper White panel was adhered to a piece of Pear Pizzaz cardstock that was cut at 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”. Next I used the left over reinker from my streaky glass circle to color the Whisper White organza ribbon. Just pick up the color with an Aquapainter and apply the color to the ribbon. Allow the ribbon to dry and then add it to your project. Now my ribbon matches the colors I used in the streaky glass circle.

The ribbon was added around the Whisper White/Pear Pizzaz panel and tied into a knot. This panel was then adhered to the card front. I added several Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents to my streaky glass circle and adhered the circle to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Super easy!

If you are a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a demonstrator I would still love to see your creations. Please post a link to your project in the comments section of this post. Have fun stamping!