Monday, February 9, 2015

Widgets

Fun Valentine's Decor

I have another sweet little Valentine's decor project to share with you today. I saw this version on Pinterest and thought it was so absolutely adorable that I just HAD to make one! I wanted to just stick with using what I had on hand already so mine is a little different. 


~ Supplies ~ 

  • Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2" wide scrap
  • Early Espresso card stock 3-5/8" x 5-5/8"
  • Designer series paper 5" x 7"
  • Woodgrain background stamp
  • Baked Brown Sugar reinker
  • Early Espresso ink
  • Aqua Painter
  • Heart Punch
  • Scrap card stock
  • White Signo Gel Pen
  • 5 x 7 picture frame

Place about two drops of the Baked Brown Sugar reinker into a plastic container. Use your Aqua Painter to pick up some of the ink and paint stripes onto your Crumb Cake card stock. Allow this to dry completely. 


Stamp the Woodgrain background image onto the card stock in Early Espresso ink. Then cut your card stock down to 3-1/2" x 5-1/2".

Use the heart punch on a scrap of card stock. Place the hear onto your woodgrain card stock and hold it in place.


Use the White Signo Gel Pen to draw "stitch" lines around the heart. Then remove the scrap card stock.


Use the gel pen to stitch in the arrow and add your initials in the center of the heart. I thought about using my maiden name initial, but we have been married for nearly 10 years so I just stuck with my married name.


Then use some glue stick to glue this onto the Early Espresso card stock. Then glue that layer onto the patterned paper. Pop this into an awesome frame and you're done!


So cute! I just love the "stitched" look on the woodgrain background.


The colors are neutral enough that I plan on leaving this out long past Valentine's day. It's just a really nice accent to have in my decor. 

What do you think?