Monday, February 2, 2015

Widgets

Bloom with Hope Sympathy

Earlier today I shared the first sympathy card that I made for my best friend to use. Now I'm going to share with you the second one. This time I played around with a new stamp set. 




  • Blackberry Bliss card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Soft Sky card stock 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock (two pieces) 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
  • Stamps: Bloom with Hope
  • Ink: Momento, Blackberry Bliss
  • Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals

As always, start off by folding the Blackberry Bliss card stock on the score line. Take one piece of Whisper White card stock and stamp the flower image from Bloom with Hope onto the card stock three times in Momento ink. Stamp the stems in Momento ink.

I played around with the Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, and Old Olive Blendabilities to color in the flowers. Then I stamped the greeting onto the card stock in Blackberry Bliss ink. This lovely piece was glued onto the Soft Sky card stock and that layer was glued onto the card front. To dress it up a bit I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


For the inside I stamped and colored just one flower and stamped the greeting in Blackberry Bliss then just glued it inside the card. 



Simple yet pretty. I hope it provides some comfort to it's recipient.