Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Widgets

Hand Painted Daisies Wine Glasses

These are some hand painted wine glasses that I made for my mom for Christmas! She just loves daisies and wine, so hey, why not? 



These were actually pretty easy to do. With some drying time and multiple layers of paint to make the petals opaque it came together pretty easily. I worked on it for 15 minutes here and 30 minutes there over just a couple days to get these done.


The idea for these came to me pretty late so I just grabbed some Folk Art enamel paint from Walmart for these. For the petals I painted a layer of white, a layer of blended white and yellow, then one more layer of white to get the soft yellow center to the flowers.


The best part about this paint, let it cure for a few hours, then bake as directed on the paint bottle and it is supposed to be dishwasher safe! I would still hand wash it. I always hand wash my wine glasses, but the paint bottle says it can go in the dishwasher if you're brave enough to try. Oh, and mom loved them too! 

I had so much fun painting these that I will have to play more with glass painting soon!