Friday, January 17, 2014

Widgets

Beautiful Hardwood

I am absolutely, totally, and completely in love with the new Hardwood and So Very Grateful stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog! The Hardwood background stamp makes the most beautiful background image for just about anything and the flowers from So Very Grateful just beg to be colored in!


  • Stamps: Hardwood, So Very Grateful, Express Yourself
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Ink: Coastal Cabana, Jet Black Stazon
  • Markers: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzaz, Gumball Green, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Bitty Banners Framelits


I really just wanted to play around with this fabulous new floral stamp set.  I cut the label from the Apothecary Accents Framelits from a scrap of Whisper White card stock and stamped the larger flower image from So Very Grateful about four times onto the label in Jet Black Stazon ink. I colored in all the flowers and leaves with my lovely Stampin’ Up markers. Once it was all colored in I knew I wanted to keep the card pretty simple so the flowers would really stand out. I wrapped a piece of Whisper White organza ribbon around the bottom of the label and tied it into a bow.

For the card base I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Then I stamped the Hardwood background image onto the card front in Coastal Cabana ink. I adhered the label onto the card front with some Stampin’ Dimensionals and added small Rhinestone Basic Jewels into the centers of the larger flowers. 


For the greeting I stamped “happy birthday” from Express Yourself onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Coastal Cabana ink and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelit in the Big Shot. With a Dimensional on the right side and 2-Way Glue Pen on the left side I adhered the banner onto the card front so the left side overlapped the label.


That’s it! Simple, and so gorgeous! Now of course I just couldn’t put this stamp set down so I made another card with these lovely flowers that I will share with you tomorrow. So make sure you come back to check it out!

What stamp set from the new Occasions catalog are you itching to get your inky fingers on?