Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Widgets

Deer Love - Casing Zindorf

I know I haven't kept up with the regular schedule of posts, but I'm rushing like crazy this week trying to get everything ready for the Make and Take and the Christmas Card Class, and various volunteer work to do. Busy busy busy time of year! I will not have a scrapbook page for you today. Hopefully I will get the chance to create one for you later this week.

What I do have for you today is a CASE of a Michelle Zindorf card. If you haven't heard of Michelle she does the most beautiful sponged scenes and true works of art. She instructs several brayer workshops all across the country where you can learn her fabulous techniques. If you're like me and live too far away to go to one of her workshops you can see tutorials that she posts online frequently. You can go to her website by clicking here. If you click on the Tutorials botton on the top of the page this will take you to a list of over 300, that's right 300! tutorials that show you how to make her beautiful creations.

Well here is the card I made:

Stamps: Dasher, Lovely As A Tree
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze,
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Accessories: Whisper White Organza ribbon, Folk Art Flowers Decor Elements stencil, Stampin' Sponge, Needle Tool, Glimmer Brads, Northern Flurries Strip Die, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Basic Black Marker, Soft Suede Marker, Brayer, Stampin' Dimensional, Post It Note, acetate, Paper Snips

You can find Michelle's tutorial for Deer Love - Tutorial #369 by clicking here.

I followed Michelle's tutorial completely. The only changes I  made were: I used the Folk Art Flowers Decor Elements Stencil because that is the only one I currently have, I used Glimmer brads instead of Antique Brads and put them in a different location, I used Whisper White Organza ribbon instead of grosgrain ribbon, and I add a snowflake to the wintry scene. Here is a closeup of my snowflake.


I really wanted to make this sparkly and shiny and wanted to find a way to put glitter inside the openings of the snowflake. First I cut the snowflake from the Northern Flurries Strip Die from Whisper White cardstock. Then I sponged on some Frost White Shimmer Paint over the entire flake. After that dried I adhered the snowflake to a scrap of acetate with the Two-Way Glue Pen.

Then I filled the spaces in the snowflake with Crystal Effects and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter. After that dried I covered the entire flake in a coat of Crystal Effects to make the entire thing shiny. After that layer dried overnight I trimmed the acetate around the flake with my paper snips and adhered the shimmery snowflake to the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional.

I hope you take a chance to look through some of Michelle's tutorials because you really can create some beautiful works of art , especially with her telling you exactly how to do it!