Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Widgets

Glimmery Christmas

Okay today I have for you my card for the SCCSC40 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. To see the sketch you can find yesterday's post here.


Stamps: Tags Till Christmas
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
DSP: Jolly Holiday DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Ornament Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Northern Flurries Strip Die, Gold Glow Smooch Sprits, Glimmer Brads, Gold Brads, Champagne Glass Glitter, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge, Two-Way Glue Pen

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2". A piece of Old Olive cardstock and a piece of  Cherry Cobbler cardstock were both cut 2" x 5 1/2". The piece of Old Olive was punched on one side with the Scallop Edge Border Punch. The Cherry Cobbler piece was adhered on top of the punched Old Olive cardstock so that just the scallops are showing. A piece of Jolly Holiday DSP was cut at 1 3/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered on top of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock. This was adhered to the card front.

I used some scrap Whisper White cardstock in the Northern Flurries Strip die to cut some snowflakes. I just love the large variety of snowflakes that you can get out of one cut with this die! I took one of the large snowflakes and spritzed it with some Gold Glow Smooch Spritz to give it some glimmer and glued it in the top left corner of the card with a Two-Way Glue Pen.

I stamped the ornament from Tags Till Christmas in Cherry Cobbler ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punched the ornament out with the Ornament Punch. The Needle Tool was used to pierce a hole in the middle of the ornament where a gold Glimmer Brad was added. I put two Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the ornament and adhered it to the card front.

One of the small snowflakes was added to the card front with a Gold Brad by using the Needle Tool to pierce a hole through the card front. Had I thought about it earlier I would have added this before adhereing the Cherry Cobbler cardstock down so the prongs from the brad don't show on the inside, but oh well. I stamped the label from Tags Till Christmas in Old Olive ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. Then I used some Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive to add some Champagne Glass Glitter around the center of the label. After the glue dried a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals were added to the back of the label and it was adhered to the card front.

On a scrap of Old Olive cardstock I stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip ink. This was then punched out with the Decorative Label punch and spritzed with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz before being adhered to the card front. I am really pleased with how this card turned out. I wouldn't normally add so much "bling" to a single card, but I really like how it works here.

I will have something to show you tomorrow, right now I don't know what, so you'll have to stop by to check it out tomorrow! Have fun stamping!