Friday, July 30, 2010

Widgets

New Color Awash!

Today I have to share with you the second card I made for the New Color swap on Stampin' Connection. This one features two of my all time favorite sets Medallion and Awash With Flowers! Take a look!


Stamps: Medallion, Awash With Flowers, Friends 24-7
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Curly Label Punch, 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta ribbon, mini glue dots

This is definitely the simpler of the two cards I made for the swap. The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". I stamped the Medallion image onto the card base with Cherry Cobbler ink. This gives a nice tone-on-tone effect.

The image panel is Whisper White cardstock cut at 2 1/4" x 3". I used the clear mount Awash With Flowers set. The wonderful thing about using clear mount in this case is I was able to set the block on top of the cardstock I was going to stamp. I arraged the flowers how I wanted them and made sure that they would all fit onto the cardstock when I stamped it. Then, with all three flower images on the block, I inked the stamp and stamped the flower outlines in Early Espresso ink. This saves time and gives you a chance to strategicly line the images up where you want them. Then I came back and stamped the stem in Early Espresso ink.

The solid images for the flowers I had to stamp individually since they were in different colors which are Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Cajun Craze. The stems of the flowers were colored in with the Certainly Celery marker and the leaves were stamped in Certainly Celery ink. You can't see it very well in the picture but after stamping my image panel I ran the edges of the cardstock on the Early Espresso ink pad to add little dark edges all the way around the cardstock.

This was then adhered to a 2 3/8" x 3 1/8" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and then to a piece of 2 5/8" x 3 3/8" piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock. I stamped the "for you" from the set Friends 24-7 in Early Espresso ink on scraps of Marina Mist cardsock and punched them out with the Curly Label punch. This was adhered half way under the Daffodil Delight cardstock. The image panel layers were adhered to the card front. I tied a small bow with 1/8" Marina Mist and adhered it to bottom of the Curly Label punch with a mini glue dot.

I really like how these cards turned out! I don't know right now what tutorial I will have for you tomorrow, but I promise I will have one! Come back to check it out!