Sunday, July 4, 2010

Widgets

Father's Day Light

First off let me say HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!





I really love 4th of July, but I will be glad when people in my neighborhood quit shooting off fireworks. Now on to crafty stuff!

One of my many other hobbies other than paper crafting is stained glass. I just love how the rich colors look with the light behind them. Well...here is an accent lamp that I made for my Dad for Father's Day.



The pattern came from the "Box Column Lanterns" book by Jill Williams. I used tones of white, amber, and brown with a textured clear glass. The wooden base was made and finished by my husband.

I enjoy a large variety of crafts, but paper crafting is the one I do the most of because it is much faster and more instant gratification than others, but I truly love the results of time well spent carefully crafting things such as this lamp. Now, maybe someday soon I will make myself an accent lamp.

Don't worry, I will have more paper craft goodies to show you tomorrow. I just had to get this one in here.