Monday, July 26, 2010

Widgets

Elegant Turqoise Medallion

Happy Monday all!!! Yesterday I showed you the Emboss Resist technique and today I am going to show you the card I made with the panel I made in the tutorial. If you missed out on the tutorial you can find it here. Take a look at this super easy and fast card!



Stamps: Medallion, Perfect Punches
Cardstock: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Versamark
Accessories: 5/8" Chcolate Chip Satin ribbon (retired), heat gun, clear embossing powder, embossin buddy, silver brad, paper snips.

The card base is Elegant Eggplant cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The image panel is 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" Whisper White cardstock. I used my embossing buddy on my cardstock and stamped the Medallion in Versamark and heat emossed with clear embossing powder.

By using a circular motion with a sponge to swirl on the Elegant Eggplant and then the Tempting Turqouise ink from the center outwards until the entire piece of cardstock was covered with ink. Then I wiped off the excess ink and adhered the panel to a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 4" x 5 1/4". I add a piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin ribbon (retired) around the panels and adhered this to the Elegant Eggplant card base.

The sentiment from Perfect Punches was stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock in Elegant Eggplant ink ad cut out with paper snips. On a side note all of the stamps in the Perfect Punches set coordinates with a Stampin' Up punch. I just don't have the large oval punch that coordinated with this sentiment. One of these days I will fix that...anyway...back to the card. I sponged the edges of the sentiment with Tempting Turquoise ink then used my needle tool and mat pack to punch a hole right where the end of the swirl was and added a silver brad. The sentiment was adhered to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope you've enjoyed my card and tutorial on emboss resist. So have fun trying out this easy technique. I wouls love to see the cards that you make using this technique, so please add the web address to your card photo in the comments section. Have fun stamping everyone and enjoy the rest of your Monday!