Monday, August 11, 2014

Widgets

Purse Gift Card Holder Tutorial

After using the Purse Card Die from Top Dog Dies to make a regular card I started trying to find other ways that this die could be used to create other useful things. Thinking outside the box if you will... So the next natural thing that came to mind was a gift card holder. So here it is!


  • Stamps: Label Love
  • Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
  • DSP: Moonlight
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay
  • Accessories: Purse Card Die, Purse Card Finishers Die, Artisan Label Punch, Rhinestones, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots


So I started off by cutting the Blackberry Bliss card stock 4-1/4" x 11" and running it through the Big Shot on the Purse Card Die. I cut some Moonlight DSP for both the front and the inside. I die cut the lace border from Bermuda Bay card stock and glued it on with some 2-Way Glue Pen. 

I wanted to add a bright band of color across the middle so I cut a piece of Crushed Curry card stock 1/2" x 4-1/4". I glued it on then used Paper Snips to trim the edges even with the sides of the card. I stamped the greeting from Label Love onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Bermuda Bay ink and punched it out with the Artisan Label Punch. I used the Artisan Label Punch again on a scrap of Blackberry Bliss card stock. Paper Snips were used to cut the Blackberry Bliss label in half and the two halves were glued behind the stamped label to create a frame. This was stuck onto the front of the card with a Stampin' Dimensional and a couple rhinestones were added to give it some sparkle. 


For the flap I ran a scrap of Bermuda Bay card stock through the Big Shot on the Purse Card Die just to cut out the handle with the flap. Then I used a ruler and craft knife to cut just the flap off. The flap was glued onto the flap of my purse card and trimmed even with the edge. I took some Whisper White Baker's Twine, threaded it through a retired button, tied a bow, then stuck the button onto the card with a Glue Dot.

I wanted to add a butterfly onto the handle so I cut the large butterfly from Bermuda Bay card stock and the small butterfly from Whisper White card stock. I folded the butterflies up on the score lines and glued them together with 2-Way Glue Pen. I added some rhinestones into the center of the butterfly then glued the layered butterfly onto the handle of the card with a glue stick.

Now onto the inside! I glued down the DSP just like I did for the front. For the pocket I took a scrap of Crushed Curry card stock and ran it through the Big Shot so it was cutting out the bottom section of one of the purse sides.


Next I used a ruler and craft knife to cut on the score line. Then I cut again 1-1/2" away from the score line.


Add Sticky Strip in the locations shown below.


Remove the Sticky Strip liner and stick this piece inside the card to create the pocket. Cut a scrap of Bermuda Bay card stock with the lace trim die and glue the trim onto the card pocket.


Now you're done and have an adorable gift card holder!


Take a look at some of the other projects I made using this wonderful die set!