Friday, August 8, 2014

Widgets

Lacy Birthday

Today I have yet another card that I've been meaning to post for quite a long time. I made this card as part of my swaps for the 2013 Stampin' Up! Convention. So unfortunately two of the stamp sets used on this card are now retired. I thought you might still enjoy seeing it though. 


  • Coastal Cabana card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 2" x 5-1/2"
  • Silver glimmer Paper 1/8" x 5-1/2"
  • Basic Black 2" x 5-1/2"
  • Stamps: Lacy and Lovely, Woodgrain, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Ink: Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Stazon
  • Accessories: Delicate Designs embossing folder, Large Scallop Edgelit, Gingham Garden washi tape


I started off by folding the Coastal Cabana card stock on the score line and stamping the Woodgrain background image in Coastal Cabana ink. Next I stamped the doily images from Lacy and Lovely in Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate ink. I wrapped a piece of Gingham Garden washi tape around the bottom of the panel and stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes at the very bottom in Basic Black ink. 


For the black piece I used the Large Scallop Edgelit in the Big Shot to cut the scalloped shape on one of the long sides. Then I ran it through the Big Shot again in the Delicate Designed embossing folder. I know it's difficult to see, but that piece does have some texture.


I used some glue stick to glue just the edge of the Basic Black piece behind the stamped Whisper White card stock. Then I used some 2-Way Glue Pen to glue the strip of Silver Glimmer paper right next to the edge of the Whisper White card stock. Then I just glued this layer onto the card front with some Glue Stick. 

I really love the contrast between the Basic Black and Coastal Cabana.

So what have you been procrastinating on lately?