Monday, August 4, 2014

Widgets

A Grateful Mother's Day

I know, Mother's Day was several months ago, but I figured it was still worth sharing the cards I made. This one I made for my mom with the new fabulous Hello Honey card stock.



  • Stamps: So Very Grateful
  • Hello Honey card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Daffodil Delight card stock 1-3/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock scrap
  • Moonlight DSP 1-1/2" x 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Ink: Versamark, Primrose Petals, Hello Honey
  • Markers: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Bitty Banners Framelits, Deco Labels Framelits, Paper-Piercing Tool, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Embossing Buddy, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Paper Lace Doilies

I started off by folding the Hello Honey card stock on the score line. Then I glued down the paper doily onto the left side of the card stock with some glue stick. I glued the Moonlight DSP onto the Daffodil Delight card stock and then stuck that onto the card front with some glue stick.

Now onto the flower panel. I cut a scrap of Whisper White card stock with the 3rd from smallest Deco Labels Framelit. I stamped the flower image from So Very Grateful onto the card stock in Versamark ink. Then I covered the stamped image with gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. I colored the flowers in and then used my Paper Piercing Tool and Stampin' Pierce Mat to add the pierced holes around the edge of the label. I stuck this panel onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.


Next I stamped the greeting banner onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Primrose Petals ink then cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelit. I added a couple small Rhinestones on each end of the banner and stuck the banner onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.


For the inside I took the 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped the flower image in the corner using Hello Honey ink and glued it inside the card with some glue stick.

A simple, yet pretty Mother's Day card.