Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Widgets

Celebrate!

For the March Make and Take I wanted to squeeze as much Sale-A-Bration goodness in as I could before Sale-A-Bration ended. So here is the first of the cards that my guests made. This card was cased from Tina Gillespie's card that you can find HERE. I just loved her gold embossed dots with the dotted DSP. 



  • Bermuda Bay card stock 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2"
  • Basic Black card stock 2" x 4-3/4"
  • Sweet Sorbet DSP 1-7/8" x 4-5/8"
  • Basic Black card stock 1-7/8" x 3-5/8"
  • Gold 1-3/4" x 3-1/2"
  • Basic Black card stock 1/2" x 3-3/8"
  • Whisper White card stock 3/4" x 3-1/2"
  • Basic Black card stock 3/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Sweet Sorbet DSP 1/2" x 4-1/4"
  • Stamps: Express Yourself, Perfect Pennants
  • Ink: Bermuda Bay
  • Accessories: Decorative Dots embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Banner Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch

This really was simple enough to do, just a lot of different pieces. I folded the Bermuda Bay card stock on the score line. Then I stuck the large piece of Sweet Sorbet DSP onto the large piece of Basic Black card stock. I glued this down directly onto the card front with some Glue Stick. 

Next I embossed the gold paper in the Decorative Dots embossing folder in the Big Shot. This was glued onto the next smaller piece of Basic Black card stock and then stuck onto the card front with some Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I took the 3/4" wide strip of Whisper White card stock and stamped the banner from Perfect Pennants on it in Bermuda Bay ink. I used Paper Snips to trim out the banner, glued it onto the 3/4" wide strip of Basic Black card stock and trimmed the banner end. This was glued onto the card front by sliding it under the gold panel. 


Next I stamped "celebrate" from Express Yourself onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Bermuda Bay ink. This was punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle punch. A scrap of Basic Black card stock was punched with the 1-3/8" Circle punch. I stuck the two circle layers together then stuck it onto the gold paper with a Stampin' Dimensional.


For some fun on the inside I stamped the banner from Perfect Pennants three times in Bermuda Bay ink. To get the faded look ink up the stamp once, then stamp three times without inking again. Glue the narrow strip of DP onto the narrow strip of Basic Black. Glue this inside the card at the top. Then I just took the Banner Punch and used it on a scrap of gold paper and stuck the shiny banner against the Basic Black card stock. 

So other than having to cut all those pieces it really is a pretty easy card! Thanks Tina for the wonderful inspiration!