Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Widgets

A Sweet Bunny Banner

I follow a lot of craft blogs and they have some really adorable Easter decor projects up lately. Well I saw this super cute bunny banner at My Craftily Ever After where she made a knock off version of the Pottery Barn Kids banner. The moment I saw it I knew that I had to make one! 


So I went browsing through the Silhouette store and found this adorable bunny file. Once I got it into my Silhouette Designer software I removed the cut out for the tail, copied the image, and then edited it so both ears were straight on one, then left another with the bent ear. 


I cut out eleven bunnies from several different patterns of Sweet Sorbet DSP from Sale-A-Bration. Then I also cut out eleven bunnies from Crumb Cake card stock. I used some Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to glue the DSP bunnies onto the card stock bunnies just to make them a little bit stronger. Then I hot glued each bunny onto three pieces of twine from the Sweet Sorbet accessory pack. Next I hot glued on some cotton balls for the tails, tied the twine into a bow, and hung it up on my mantle! 


I think this project only took a little over an hour to make including altering the cut file. But it looks like you could just get this file and you wouldn't have to modify anything. So cute! Now I'm all decked out for Easter!