Saturday, April 5, 2014

Widgets

Love Banner

Here is a fun card I made a while back.. like before Valentine's Day. What can I say... I'm still getting caught up on posts. I just had an idea to create a heart banner and went with it! 



  • Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
  • Sweet Sorbet DSP, Strawberry Slush DSP, Pool Party card stock, Whisper White card stock
  • Stamps: Hardwood
  • Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Versamark
  • Accessories: Expressions Thinlits, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Heat Tool, 2-Way Glue Pen, Trio Heart Punch (retired a long time ago), Small Heart Punch, Full Heart Punch, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Glimmer Brads, Paper Piercing Tool


So I started off by folding the Crumb Cake card stock on the score line and stamping the fabulous Hardwood background image onto the card front with Baked Brown Sugar ink. Next I took a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine and tied a bow onto each end. I stuck this down at the top of the card front with a couple glue dots. I took the tip of my Paper Snips to fold the glue dots in half before putting them on the card so I wouldn't have a huge spot of exposed glue dot behind the cute bow. 

Next I used the Trio Heart Punch, which retired a long time ago but it's so cute I've hung onto it, to punch a bunch of hearts in DSP and Whisper White scraps. I also used the Small Heart Punch a couple times on Pool Party card stock and DSP. All the hearts were stuck onto the banner and card with some 2-Way Glue Pen. 


I punched a large heart with the Full Heart Punch from some Sweet Sorbet DSP and glued it down in the bottom right corner of the card. Next I cut the greeting from Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with the Expressions Thinlit die. I wanted my "love" to sparkle so I tapped the Versamark pad over the entire word, covered it with Heat & Stick Powder, heated it up with my Heat Tool, then dumped Dazzling Diamonds glitter onto it and heated it up just little more to set the glitter in the adhesive. Then I stuck the greeting onto the card front with more 2-Way Glue Pen.


I decided it needed something more so I used my Paper Piercing Tool to poke a couple holes above the bows of the banner and added a Glimmer Brad into each hole. So now it looks like I have two glimmery "nails" holding the banner up.

So cute and fun!