Saturday, March 8, 2014

Widgets

Smile

I had a little time to play and painted this cute hexagon canvas board. The canvas board itself came from one of my Frosted Designs kits. I painted on some Turquoise Waters Multisurface Satin. Then I took a polka dot stencil and dabbed on some Blue Chiffon Americana paint. I shifted the stencil and used some Maya Mist in White Out to spray on some brighter dots. 


After all that dried I used a variety of green paints to add a flower stem with a couple leaves. I took the flower (also from a previous kit) and sprayed it down with some water. Then I dripped on some Strawberry Slush re-inker then sprayed the flower with Forever Red Perfect Pearls and allowed it to dry.


I took some black sparkly Thickers I picked up on my last trip to Hobby Lobby and added "Smile" and used a fine point Sharpie to write below. No, I absolutely cannot write straight it always ends up slanting upward unless I have a line to follow. Oh well...

Once the flower was dry I just used some E6000 to glue it onto the canvas. I also glued a couple of magnets onto the backside of the canvas. Now this pretty little piece is hung up behind my desk at work. The backside of my desk is against a row of big metal file cabinets. I see this everyday while I'm at my day job and it reminds me that no matter how stressful the day may be, it's still a good day!