Monday, March 10, 2014

Widgets

Celebrate Spinner Card

Here is a fun spinner card that my guests made at a Make and Take sometime last fall. It's been sitting in the drafts folder for a while waiting for me to do a tutorial on how to make a spinner card. Since I shared that tutorial last Friday I guess I can finally get this out of draft status and share it with you! Yay!



  • Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4". 
  • Birthday Basics DSP 4" x 5-1/4"
  • Summer Starfruit card stock 3-3/4" x 5"
  • 16" Island Indigo ribbon
  • Stamps: Positively Chevron, Sketched Birthday
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Illuminate
  • Markers: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Accessories: 1-3/4" Scalloped Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, two pennies


Click here to see the spinner card tutorial from last week. This card is basically built the same way. I glued the Birthday Basics DSP onto the card front with some Glue Stick. Then I stamped the Summer Starfruit card stock with the Positively Chevron background stamp in Illuminate ink and then punched the window.

The cupcake image from Sketched Birthday was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock, colored with the markers, then punched out with the 1-3/4" Scalloped Circle Punch. I attached the circle into the slot of the card stock with Stampin' Dimensionals and a couple pennies and stuck it onto the card front as shown in the tutorial.


I stamped the "eat cake" and "celebrate" banners onto a scrap of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock in Black Stazon ink then colored inside the banners with the Crisp Cantaloupe marker. These were cut out with the Bitty Banners Framelits in the big shot. I glued the small banner inside the slot with 2-Way glue Pen.

Next I wrapped the ribbon around the top of the card front and tied it into a knot then glued the ends of the other banner on either side of the ribbon. Finally, just to add a little more sparkle I dabbed some Dazzling Details onto the frosting on the cupcake.


I didn't get a picture of it, but on the inside I stamped several balloons in Black Stazon ink so it looked like they were floating up the card stock and colored them in with the markers.

So cute and so much fun! After I finished the sample I think I sat there for like 10 minutes just watching that little cupcake go round and round. What can I say... I guess I'm easily entertained.