Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Widgets

I (heart) You

I have another project from the February Make and Take to share with you today! Yay! When I started working on this one I was trying to come up with a masculine Valentine's card. But as I was working on it I just wanted that bright pop of the Strawberry Slush behind the die cut I heart u. So this ended up being what I would consider a girly Valentine. 

Label Card Thinlits, Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge

  • Whisper White card stock 4-1/4” x 11”, scored at 5-1/2"
  • Crumb Cake card stock 4” x 5-1/2”
  • Whisper White card stock 3-1/2” x 4”
  • Strawberry Slush card stock 3-1/2” x 4”
  • Strawberry Slush card stock 4” x 5-1/4”
  • 17” Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon
  • Stamps: Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, Label Card Thinlits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Small Heart Punch, Red Glimmer Paper, Paper Snips
This one isn't very difficult, but there are several steps so just hang in there with me okay? I folded the Whisper White card stock on the score line. Then I stamped the oh so fabulous Hardwood background stamp onto the Crumb Cake card stock in Early Espresso ink. I glued this onto the card front with some glue stick.

Next I took the piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped the splotch image from Gorgeous Grunge twice close to each other in Bermuda Bay ink. I took this over to the Big Shot and used the I heart u thinlit from the Label Card Thinlits to cut the greeting into those grungy splotches. I followed that up by cutting out the greeting with the 3rd from smallest Labels Framelit.

You really want to die cut the greeting first. That way if the die moves or slips or something you can still have it centered in your label shape when it's done. Now take the small piece of Strawberry Slush card stock and use the same 3rd from smallest Labels Framelit on that piece. Glue the Strawberry Slush label onto the card front with some glue stick. Then stick the grungy greeting label on top of the Strawberry Slush label with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.

Label Card Thinlits, Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge

Next take your Small Heart Punch and use it on some Red Glimmer Paper. Then take your glimmery heart and stick it inside the greeting heart with half a Stampin' Dimensional. Just wrap the Cherry Cobbler chevron ribbon around the card front and tie it into a knot and your card front is finished! 

Now onto the inside...
Take the larger piece of Strawberry Slush card stock and stamp the lines image from Gorgeous Grunge several times across the top of the card stock in Strawberry Slush ink then stick this piece inside the card with some glue stick. We're not wasteful here so glue the cut out greeting from the label you made for the front onto the card stock with some 2-Way Glue Pen. Now just punch another small glimmery heart and glue it inside the larger heart with some more 2-Way Glue Pen.

Label Card Thinlits, Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge

Now you have a bright, fun, cheerful Valentine for someone who loves pink and turquoise. In other news... I've been super busy crafting away lately and I'm super excited to show you what I've been doing.