Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Widgets

Melon Pink Wishes

Good morning! I hope all is well in your world on this wonderful Wednesday morning! Today I’m sharing with you another card that I created from the SCCSC64 sketch challenge by Susie Nelson. I had a really fun idea for a card with this sketch that I just HAD to make. You can find the post with the sketch HERE.



Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink
Ink: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Two-Step Bird Punch, Sponge Dauber, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, Brayer, Basic Rhinestone Jewel Accents, Two-Way Glue Pen

The card base is Pretty in Pink cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. I used the Inked Dry Embossing technique with a brayer, Melon Mambo ink, and the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder on the card front.

I used the 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle punch on a scrap of Springtime DSP and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink. Next I used the Two-Step Bird Punch to punch the bird’s body from Melon Mambo cardstock which was then sponged with Early Espresso ink. The bird’s wing and one branch was punched from Springtime DSP scraps and two branches were punched from Old Olive scraps.

The leaves were adhered to the scalloped circle with the Two-Way Glue Pen. The wing was adhered to the bird with a Stampin’ Dimensional. A rhinestone was added for a sparkly eye and the bird was adhered to the scalloped circle with another dimensional. The scalloped circle/bird layer was adhered to the card from with more dimensionals. This is a really dimensional card if you haven’t noticed.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my second take on this sketch. If you are a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a demonstrator I would still love to see your creations. Please post a link to your project in the comments section of this post. Have fun stamping!