Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Widgets

Gradient Thank You

This week I will be catching up on posting my sketch challenge cards. I love participating in sketch challenges when I can find the time. They are a lot of fun and can help to push you out of the box to create a project that you normally wouldn’t have thought to do. Anyway… I’m starting off with SCCSC64 from Stampin’ Connection. Here is the sketch created by Susie Nelson.



And here is my card:


Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments, Because I Care
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle Punch, Stampin’ Sponge, post-it note, Brayer, Needle Tool, Mat Pack, Silver Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Rhinestone Jewel Accents

The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. I used the 2 3/8” scalloped circle punch with a post-it note, making sure to punch the scallop in the center of the post-it. The post-it with the scalloped hole in the middle was placed on the card and used as a reverse mask. Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, and Early Espresso ink were sponged inside the scalloped circle opening and the flowers from Silhouette Sentiments were stamped inside the circle in Early Espresso.

The large post-it mask was removed. I punched another scalloped circle from a post-it note making sure that the scalloped circle was in the sticky portion of the post-it and then place the scalloped circle over my sponged and stamped scalloped circle to protect the image. I then brayered Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy ink on the top and bottom of the card front.

The greeting from Because I care was stamped in Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Baja Breeze cardstock and punched out with the Modern Label punch. The edges of the label were sponged with Early Espresso ink. Then the Needle Tool and Mat Pack were used to pierce a hole in each end of the label and a silver brad was added in each hole. The label was adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To make the flowers in my sponged circle sparkle a little I added a few Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents to some of the flowers.

If you are a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a demonstrator I would still love to see your creations. Please post a link to your project in the comments section of this post.

I hope you get a chance to play along with a sketch sometime! Have fun stamping!