Friday, May 13, 2011

Widgets

Mom's Flower

Today I’m sharing with you the card that I created for my Mom for Mother’s Day. Her favorite color is yellow so I used a lot of Daffodil Delight on this card and the gift box I made (that will be in another post). I also knew I wanted to use the new Triple Layer Blossom Bouquet punch. So here is the card:



Stamps: Messages for Mom
Cardstock: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
DSP: Greenhouse Gala
Ink: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, Glimmer Brads, Needle Tool, Mat Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, 5/8” Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon

The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. Next I cut a piece of Greenhouse Gala DSP at 2 ¾” x 5 ½” and adhered that to a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock cut at 3” x 5 ½”. The Needle Tool and Mat Pack were used to pierce three holes in the upper right hand corner of the panel and three Peach Parfait Glimmer Brads were added. This panel was adhered to the card front.

Another piece of coordinating Greenhouse Gala DSP was cut at 2 ¼” x 4 ¼” and adhered to a piece of Old Olive cardstock that was cut at 2 ½” x 4 ¼”. A piece of 5/8” Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon was tied around the bottom of this panel and into a knot. After the ribbon ends were trimmed the panel was adhered to the card front.

Next a piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 1 7/8” x 3 3/8” and adhered to a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock that was cut at 2” x 3 ½”. For the greeting I inked up the MOM stamp from Messages from Mom in Peach Parfait ink and the touched just the bottom edge into the Poppy Parade ink pad to give the image a gradient effect and stamped the image onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. This is the same as the Rock-N-Roll technique but I only did one side. The two M’s were cut out with Paper Snips. I didn’t need the O so that went into my scrap bin.

Now for the really fun part…I used the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch and punched Layer 1 (least detailed layer) from Daffodil Delight cardstock. Layer 2 (middle layer) was punched from Peach Parfait cardstock. Layer 3 (most detailed layer) was punched from a scrap of Shimmery White cardstock.

Now that I have all my wonderful punched pieces I adhered the Shimmery White layer on top of the Peach Parfait layer with the Two-Way Glue Pen. Then I used the Needle Tool and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in the center of the blossom and added an Old Olive Glimmer Brad. I used a Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere the Whisper White/Peach Parfait layer of the flower to the Daffodil Delight flower.

The flower was adhered into the center of the Whisper White/Poppy Parade panel with a Stampin’ Dimensional. The M’s were adhered next to the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The MOM panel was adhered to the card front with more Stampin’ Dimensionals. I would not suggest mailing a card that is this bulky because it could get damaged. I hand delivered this card so I made it as wonderfully dimensioned as possible!

My Mom loved the card! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day! Come back tomorrow to see the gift box I made for her. Have fun stamping!