Thursday, January 5, 2012

Widgets

You're in My Heart

The new Occasions Mini Catalog is now live! That means lots and lots of fabulous new products just waiting to be played with! There are wayyyyyyy too many things in this catalog that I want. I did manage to order a few things during the demonstrator pre-order period and I finally had a chance to play with them recently. This is the very first card I created with some of my new toys!


Stamps: I (Heart) Hearts, Word Play
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Grey
DSP: Real Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: Basic Grey, Versamark
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Heat Tool, Owl punch, Adorning Accents framelits, Adorning Accents embossing folder, Twp-Way Glue Pen

The card base is Basic Grey card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4”. A piece of Whisper White card stock was cut at 3-1/2” x 5-1/2”. I used my new Adorning Accents framelits die to cut the edge of the card stock with that pretty curvy edge. Then I adhered the Whisper White card stock onto the card front making sure to line up the straight edge of the card stock with the fold of the card front. Then I used the framelit die again to cut the edge of the card front to match. So much fun! To dress it up a little more I used the coordinating Adorning Accents embossing folder to add a de-bossed edge to the card front. Wow! I love, love, LOVE these new framelits!

To give the card some extra special sparkle I cut a piece of Real Red Glimmer Paper 1-1/4” x 5-1/2” and adhered it on the bottom of the inside of the card. Now for some stamping! I stamped the heart image from I (Heart) Hearts in Basic Grey ink onto the card front. Then I stamped the greeting from Word Play in Versamark ink onto the card front. I covered the greeting with Black embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. Then I punched three hearts from the Owl punch from Real Red Glimmer Paper and adhered them onto the card front with the Two-Way Glue Pen.


To check out all of the fun new toys in the Occasions Mini Catalog, including the fabulous new Framelits and their coordinating embossing folders and stamps, just click HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!