Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Widgets

Apothecary Art Birthday

Today I have a card for you that I created using the SCCSC99 sketch on Stampin' Connection. I've been having lots of fun playing with the new toys I've gotten from the Occasions Mini and I just LOVE the Everyday Enchantment DSP that you will be able to get for FREE with a $50 during Sale-A-Bration which begins January 24th! Take a look:



Stamps: Apothecary Art
Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Poppy Parade
DSP: Everyday Enchantment
Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black
Markers: Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, Pool Party
Accessories: Labels Framelits, Paper Snips, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, White Gel Pen

Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:


The card base is Pool Party card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of the wonderful Everyday Enchantment DSP to 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" and adhere it onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was cut at 4" x 5-1/4". This was adhered onto the card front.

Then I used my Labels Framelits to cut the larger label from Poppy Parade card stock. Then I stamped the image from Apothecary Art onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cut out the image with the smaller Label Framelit. I colored in the stamped image with the Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Always Artichoke, and Pool Party markers. I tried to add some white dots to the flower centers with my White Gel Pen, but it needs to have the tip cleaned so I just left it as it was. The stamped label was adhered onto the Poppy Parade label. The label layer was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I cut a strip of Pool Party card stock 1/2" x 4" and stamped the greeting in Basic Black ink. I cut the ends into a dove-tail with my Paper Snips and adhered the greeting onto the label with Stampin' Dimensionals.


To finish off the card I used my Hobby Blade to cut a slit in the fold of the card and ran some Ruffled Pool Party ribbon through the slit, around the card, and tied it into a bow. So simple and easy!

Thanks for stopping by!