Monday, December 27, 2010

Widgets

Valentine Sketch Card

Sorry for the long gap between posts during the holiday season. I've been soooo busy trying to finish up Christmas presents and Christmas cards and baking for various pot-lucks that I didn't even have time to create a card to show you. Or post the cards from the November make and take. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Now that Christmas is over not only can I get caught up on my posts from previous Make and Takes, but I can show you the things I was working so hard on that I couldn't post.

First though it is Monday and this week was my turn to create the sketch. So here is the sketch:


And here is my card:



Stamps: With All My Heart, I Heart Hearts
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
DSP: Sending Love Specialy DSP (retired)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: Crochet Flourettes (retired), Paper Snips, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Glimmer Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tasteful Trim die, Needle Tool, Mat Pack

I have been making soooooo many Christmas cards for the last several months with the Christmas card class and Make and Takes that I'm ready for something different. So today I decided to go with a Valentines card. The card base is Pretty in Pink cardstock that was cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The Sending Love DSP (retired) was cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered to the card front. Then I cut a 1 1/2" x approx. 7" strip of Very Vanilla cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim die to get the large scallops. The scallop trim was cut down to 5 1/2" and adhered on top of a 1 1/2" x 5" piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. This was then adhered to the card front.

The reason for cutting the strip of Very Vanilla cardstock longer than what you need is so that you can cut out your scallops on the die, then trim it down so that the scallops on each end of the card match and so you are guaranteed to have straight edges on the ends.

The greeting from With All My Heart was stamped in Pretty in Pink ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and then trimmed with paper snips into a strip with dove-tailed ends to look kind of like ribbon. This was adhered to the card front. I used the Needle Tool and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in the straight end of the greeting strip and added a red Glimmer Brad with a Crochet Flourette (retired) on it.

On a scrap of Pretty in Pink cardstock I stamped the dotted heart from I Heart Hearts in Cherry Cobbler ink. Then I stamped the other heart (not sure how to describe it) in Pretty in Pink ink. The heart was then cut out with Paper Snips. Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive was used to adhere the Dazzling Diamonds glitter around the edge of the heart. Then the heart was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.



This one was so quick and easy to make I think I whipped it out in 15 minutes. I will certainly have more to share with you but it will be a little while before I get back to the regular schedule. Make sure to stop by tomorrow to see what I have to share with you! It may be a card or it may be a Christmas present...who knows!

If you are a Stampin' Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge here. If you are not a demonstrator I would still love to see your cards created with the sketch. Please post a link to your creation in the comments section of this post.