Thursday, April 1, 2010

Widgets

March Christmas Card Challenge

These cards I created for the month of March for the Christmas Card Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I had these finished a couple of weeks ago, but completely forgot to post them until now. Oh well...better late than never I guess.


Stamps: Serene Snowflakes (holiday mini), Christmas Greetings
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Silver elastic cord (holiday mini)

These were really fun and relatively easy to make. I used Serene Snowflakes (holiday mini) and stamped with Versamark on Whisper White cs and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I used a sponge dauber to apply Night of Navy ink and then Not Quite Navy ink over the snowflake. I wiped off the embossed image with a paper towell to reveal the white snowflake. Then I used the two-way glue pen and filled in the center and four points of the snowflake and then applied Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I let this dry for a while and brushed off the excess glitter, then used Crystal Effects over the glittered areas. I wanted it to look icy and shiny without the glitter falling off all over the place.

Once the Crystal Effects was dry I mounted this on some Night of Navy cs, tied some silver elastic cord around the panel, then adhered the panel with some scrap rubber to pop it up. The card base is Whisper White and the greeting is from Christmas Greetings stamped in Night of Navy.

I also stamped a snowflake in Night of Navy on the envelopes to make them match. I love having matching envelopes! Well, that is my set of 10 Christmas cards for this month, or should I say last month? Oh well. Now I get to decide what to create for my April Christmas cards...and hopefully remember to post them on time! Lol!