Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Widgets

2009 Christmas Cards

This year I wanted to keep it pretty simple for my Christmas cards. I tend to lean more towards the difficult cards for some reason. I also wanted to use some traditional colors. The last several years I have done blue/snowflake cards and this year I wanted something different.

I used Basic Black cs for the back and mat, and two pieces of Whisper White. For the background piece of Whisper White I stamped the snowflakes from Snow Swirled in Real Red ink. I then embossed the greeting from the same stamp set in gold embossing powder at the bottom. On the small piece of Whisper White I stamped the tree in Certainly Celery and used the smallest snowflake to emboss the gold star at the top of the tree. I then used a Versamarker, heat and stick powder, and dazzling diamonds glitter to add some sparkly swirls. On the inside I stamped a snowflake in Certainly Celery and then the sentiment in Real Red. I really love how these look and they were pretty simple. I love making Christmas cards so now I’m already thinking what am I going to do for next years cards? LOL. Maybe next year I’ll be able to get my cards finished before the second week of December.