Friday, October 9, 2009

Widgets

Broomstick Lace Crochet Shawl - Finished!!!

A project finished and checked of the In-Process Project List! Yay! I found this fabulous pattern for a shawl in the Summer 2009 issue of Interweave Crochet. I got the yarn, beads, and a very large knitting needle that the instructions listed.


The yarn is from WEBS and the color is called Whipple Blue. One cone was more than enough for my fabulous shawl.


Then the beads were from Fire Mountain Gems. It was interesting getting used to crocheting around the very large knitting needle, not to mention holding the knitting needle while using the crochet hook. But it was well worth it. After finishing the edging and blocking it this is what I came up with and I absolutely love it! In the pictures below you can see different views of the completed shawl. At the end you can see a picture of my and my husband from the formal night of our cruise. I am wearing both this shawl and the jewelry that I will post about later. I am so pleased with how this project turned out!