Friday, January 8, 2016

Widgets

Field Flowers Birthday

It's been quite some time since I've made a card based off a sketch and crafted just for fun. Between work, school, daily life, and making Christmas presents there just hasn't been time for anything other than my regular commitments. Well here is my take on this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch over at Craft Project Central.



  • Stamps: Hardwood, Timeless Textures, Flowering Fields, And Many More
  • Ink: Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Jet Black Stazon
  • Markers: Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaroon, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi
  • Accessories: Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals, Lots of Labels Framelits, Linen Thread, 2-Way Glue Pen
  • Blackberry Bliss Cardstock 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2"
  • Whisper White Cardstock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8"
  • Soft Sky Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5"
  • Blackberry Bliss Cardstock 1/4" x 3-3/4"
  • Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4"


I started off by stamping the Hardwood background stamp onto the Soft Sky cardstock in Pool Party ink. Then I stamped the two flourish images from Timeless Textures onto the cardstock in Lost Lagoon ink. I used glue stick to adhere the Soft Sky cardstock onto the 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" Whisper White cardstock. That layer was then glued onto the card front. 


I used the 5th from smallest Lots of Labels Framelit to cut a scrap of Whisper White cardstock then I stamped the flowers from Field Flowers in Jet Black Stazon ink. After coloring in the stamped images with the markers I wrapped about a 12" piece of Linen Thread around the top of the label and tied it into a bow. Then I adhered the label onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.


For the greeting I stamped happy birthday from And Many More onto a 1/2" wide scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Next I used Paper Snips to trim the strip to about 2" long and cut each end into a dove-tail shape. To highlight the greeting banner I used my 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere a 1/4" x 3-3/4" strip of Blackberry Bliss cardstock onto the card front. The greeting banner was then added with a couple Stampin' Dimensions.

Finally I had to add a little more bling so I used three Pearl Basic Jewels. The final piece of Whisper White cardstock was glued onto the inside of the card.

It was so much fun to get to play around in the craft room for no reason at all! Head on over to Craft Project Central to link up your card to the sketch!