Monday, May 19, 2014

Widgets

Hello Wreath

I'm back with a fun a cheerful project! Several weeks ago I actually put together my Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit (Item 133333 $17.95) from Stampin' Up! It had been sitting on my work table for at least a month, maybe more. Why do I procrastinate putting kits together? 

I really liked the wreath kit, but I wanted to add a bit more to it to step it up a bit. So here is the finished wreath hanging on my mantle. Which is a really weird place for a wreath, but it was the best spot for photos at the time. 


I started off making the kit exactly as shown, but saved one flower to put at the top right. Then I took some Crisp Cantaloupe card stock and used my Spiral Flower Die to make five more roses to add to the project. Each of the roses you see is actually two of the spiral flower die cuts to make the rose larger.


Then I cut a piece of Gold Sequin Trim long enough to dangle across the wreath for the banner. The banner pieces are Pool Party card stock cut at 2" x 3-1/2". I cut the ends with Paper Snips then added two strips of Retro Fresh washi tape onto each banner. The letters were cut with the Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies from Champagne glimmer paper and were glued onto each of the banner pieces with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive. Then the banners were hot glued onto the sequin trim, and the sequin trim was hot glued onto the wreath. 


The flower I saved from earlier was hot glued over the end of the sequin trim.


Another close up view of some of the fabulous flowers.


 And another. Just because.


Here is the whole finished wreath again. I just love it so much! Since it just says "hello" it can stay up with the decor all spring and summer!


And just for fun, what does it take to get the picture above? It takes laying on the floor that really needs to be swept. Here is the zoomed out view. I spy April's project for Craft Project Central, the bunny banner I made for Easter, and Easter decor, but in my defense these photos were taken a couple days before Easter. Although since the Easter decor is still up as I type, I should probably take it down since it's already almost Memorial Day.


So what do you think? Also, what do you think of my bloggy updates?