Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Widgets

Baby Prints

Good morning! It's Wednesday! Only two more days until the weekend! Today I'm sharing with you the third card from the February Make and Take. I gave my guests the option of making a baby boy card or a baby girl card. 

Let me tell you...It's not easy at all to come up with a design that doesn't require a whole bunch of cut pink and blue card stock that may or may not be used. I used the main color just for the card base. That way whatever isn't used by my make and take guests is just another card base already scored and ready to go for another project! 

Anyway...here are the two options: 



  • Stamps: Baby Prints, Packed for Baby
  • Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Marina Mist, Basic Grey, Whisper White
  • Ink: Pretty in Pink, Marina Mist, Basic Grey
  • Accessories: Simply Scored, 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon in Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue 

I started off by cutting the card base 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" in Pretty in Pink and Marina Mist card stock. Both were scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/4" x 5" for each card front.
With the 5" side of the Whisper White card stock at the top of my Simply Scored I added score lines at 2-3/4", 3-1/4", 3-3/8", and 3-1/2". This just adds a little bit of a line detail on the front of the card and helps separate the top of the card from the bottom.

The image from Packed for Baby was stamped onto the bottom of the Whisper White card stock (the shorter section) in Pretty in Pink or Marina Mist ink. The greeting from Baby Prints was stamped on top of the Packed for Baby image in Basic Grey ink.

Then I stamped the hands or the feet from Baby Prints in Pretty in Pink or Marina Mist ink onto the top portion of the Whisper White card stock. I adhered the stamped Whisper White card stock onto a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Basic Grey card stock. A Pretty in Pink or Bashful Blue 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the panel and tied into a knot. I trimmed the ribbon ends and then adhered the panel onto the card front.



Another quick and easy card that is a perfect card for a Mom to be or great for a birth announcement! I just love the adorable little hand a feet prints! So cute! 

Thanks for stopping by!