Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Widgets

Peach Pear Blossom

I'm still here! I know it has been quite a while since I've posted. Between playing with Buddy, work, chores, homework, and a recent special class I haven't had much time to share with you my crafty stuff that I've created lately. So today I have for you the sketch challenge from last week that was posted on Stampin Connection. Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:



Stamps: Ornate Blossom, Bring on the Cake
Cardstock: Concord Crush, Whisper White, Peach Parfait
Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush
DSP: In Color Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Needle Tool, Mat Pack, Modern Label Punch, Glimmer Brads, Tasteful Trim Die

The card base is Concord Crush cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The next layer is Whisper White cardstock cut at 4" x 5 1/4". The Ornate Blossom stamp was inked with Pear Pizzaz ink first, then the edges were inked using the Rock-n-Roll technique with Peach Parfait ink. If you are not familiar with the technique you can find a tutorial HERE. The image was then stamped onto the Whisper White cardstock leaving enough room below it for another stamped image.

The stamp was then cleaned and re-inked as before and the image was stamped again onto the bottom portion of the cardstock. This gives a mirrored effect. The greeting was stamped in Concord Crush ink on the bottom of the stamped Whisper White cardstock. This bold text really shows up well on top of the stamped blossom. The stamped Whisper White panel was then adhered to the card front.

I cut one strip of Concord Crush In Color DSP 4 1/4" x 1 1/2", and one strip of Pear Pizzaz In Color DSP 4 1/4" x 1 1/2". I used the Tasteful Trim die in the Big Shot to cut out the two layers of scallops making sure that they were lined up differently on the die so the scallops were not directly above one another.

The two scalloped layeres were adhered to the card front. Then I cut a strip of Concord Crush In Color DSP 3/8" x 4 1/4" and adhered it just above the top row of scallops. I love being able to mix the different patterns and still use the same colors. This DSP stack is wonderful to have and I know I will be using it a lot from now on! There are also DSP stacks like this for each of the color collections. If you haven't seen them you should take a look. They are fabulous!

Okay...back to the card. I used the Modern Label punch with a scrap of Peach Parfait cardstock, and then folded the label in half. I placed the label over the top of the card and used the Needle Tool and Mat Pack to pierce a hole through the label and card front. A Glimmer Brad was added in the pierced hole and the card is done!

I really like how this one turned out. Simple, yet pretty. What do you think?

If you are Stampin' Up demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a Stampin' Up demonstrator I would still love to see your creations. Please post a link to your card in the comments section of this post. Have fun stamping!