Friday, October 29, 2010

Widgets

Delightful Flowers

Now I have the card I made with the Two-Step Stamping panel I showed you how to make in the tutorial this morning. I kept this one pretty simple since there is so much going on in the floral panel. Take a look:


Stamps: Awash With Flowers
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
DSP: Autumn Spice
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Basic Black
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Whisper White Organza ribbon

The card base is 5 1/2" x 8" and scored at 4". This is a slightly narrower card than A2 because I wanted my Autumn Spice to go all the way from top to bottom, but I was using a scrap that was just a little narrower than the height of the card, so I cut the card to fit the DSP scrap. A piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 2 3/4" x 4 1/8". The flower outlines were stamped in Basic Black. The various flower centers and leaves were stamped in Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler, and Old Olive. This panel was adhered to a piece of Peach Parfait cardstock that was cut at 2 7/8" x 4 1/4". This was then adhered to the top of a piece of Autumn Spice DSP that is 4" x 4 1/2".

A piece of Whisper White Organza ribbon was tied around the bottom of the Autumn Spice DSP panel. The panel was adhered to the card front. As a finishing touch I added some Crystal Effects to some of the flower edges and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the Crystal Effects. The Crystal Effects holds the Dazzling Diamonds glitter better than the Two-Way Glue pen, and I don't like to pick up a card and be covered in glitter. So when I use glitter I use either Crystal Effects or Tombow Multi-Purpose adhesive to adhere glitter. Here you can see a close up of the glitter on the flowers.


That's it! What do you think?